Welcome To Our Mortgage Educational Blog About:
How To Stage Your House?
– Quick And Easy Ways To Follow
Home staging is the process of preparing a property for sale or rent by enhancing its appeal to potential buyers or tenants.
The goal of home staging is to make the property look as attractive and welcoming as possible to increase the chances of a quick sale or rental agreement.
By taking the time to showcase your property in its best light, you can attract more potential buyers and potentially even increase the sale price. But where do you begin?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to stage your house and make it stand out in a crowded market.
DIY vs Professional Home Stager
When it comes to staging your house, you mainly have two options – DIY or professional staging.
If you are on a limited budget and have the time and skills to undertake the project, DIY staging is the way to go.
- Cost savings – DIY staging is a cost-effective way to prepare your home for sale.
- Control over the process – When you DIY, you have complete control over the process, and you can take as much time as you need.
- Personal touch – DIY staging lets you put your personal touch on your home, making it more unique and appealing to potential buyers.
- Lack of experience – If you have never done this before, you may be unaware of how to highlight your home’s best features.
- Time-consuming – Staging a home can be time-consuming, especially if you have a large property or a lot of items to declutter and move around.
- No professional advice – When you DIY, you don’t have access to the expertise of a professional home stager, which may result in your home not showing its full potential.
Professional Home Staging
You can hire a professional home stager or a real estate agent to prepare your house for sale or rent. They have the expertise and experience needed to make your home look its best.
- Expertise – Professional home stagers have the knowledge and experience to showcase your home’s best features and make it more attractive to prospective buyers.
- Saves time – Hiring a professional home staging service can save you time and stress. The stager will handle all aspects of the home staging process, allowing you to focus on other aspects of selling your home.
- Faster sale – Professional staging can help your home sell faster by making it more appealing to a wider range of buyers.
- Higher selling price – A nicely staged home is more likely to sell for a higher price than a comparable unstaged property.
- Cost – Professional home staging can be expensive, with prices ranging from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on the size of your property and the services needed.
- Less control – When you hire a professional stager, you give up some control over the process. While the stager will take your preferences into account, they will ultimately make the decisions about how to stage your home.
Steps Involved In A Home Staging Process
Whether you decide to DIY or hire a professional, there are several steps involved in home staging –
Step 1 – Clean And Declutter
Before you start staging your home, remove personal items and clutter from your living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
Buyers need to imagine themselves living in the space, so try to create a blank slate.
You can pack away personal items such as family photos, collectibles, and anything that can be distracting.
Step 2 – Repair And Upgrade
Once you clean and declutter your home, it’s time to address any repairs or upgrades that need to be made.
This could include anything from replacing faulty bulbs to repainting walls.
Remember that even small issues such as a leaky faucet or a broken doorknob can put off potential buyers.
Step 3 – Furniture And Décor
Rearrange your furniture in a way that maximizes the space and highlights the home’s best features.
Avoid overcrowding the space and make sure there’s enough room for buyers to move around.
You can also add accessories like mirrors, throws, and cushions to create a welcoming atmosphere.
Step 4 – Enhance Curb Appeal
First impressions are essential, so make sure your home’s exterior looks fantastic.
Clean the windows, mow the lawn, add some potted plants, and tidy up any clutter.
Add outdoor furniture and make your home’s entrance look inviting to your prospective buyers.
5 Secret Home Staging Tips To Sell Your Home Faster
Here are 5 secret tips to stage a house for sale the right way –
Create a Focal Point
Every room needs a focal point, which is the first thing that catches the eye when you enter the room.
It can be a stunning piece of artwork, a unique piece of furniture, or an interesting architectural feature.
A focal point draws attention to the best features of a room, and it helps to make the space look more inviting.
Make the Most of Natural Light
Natural light is essential when it comes to staging a home. It makes the space look brighter, more spacious, and more welcoming.
If possible, remove heavy curtains or blinds and let the natural light flood in.
If your home doesn’t have a lot of natural light, you can add some artificial light fixtures to create a bright and inviting atmosphere.
Add a Pop of Color
Adding a pop of colour is an easy and effective way to add personality and interest to a room.
You can do this by adding colourful accessories such as pillows, rugs, and artwork.
A fresh coat of paint can make a room look more vibrant and appealing, and it can help potential buyers to remember your home.
Mirrors are an excellent way to make a room look larger and brighter. They reflect natural light and make a space look more open and airy.
You can also use mirrors to highlight a room’s best features. For example, you can place a mirror above a fireplace or behind a lamp to create a dramatic effect.
If you’re missing some essential furniture pieces, consider renting them instead of buying new ones.
Renting is a cost-effective way to complete your home staging project without breaking the bank.
How Can We Help You To Stage And Sell A Home?
Our mortgage service Edmonton can help you make your home appealing by advising how you can improve its overall value.
We help clients to make changes and make their homes more attractive to buyers or tenants.
We also refer clients to some professional stagers as we are committed to preparing their homes for rent or sale to maximize their value.
Besides, as an Edmonton Home Buyers Plan Mortgage Financing provider for the buyers, we may require certain repairs or improvements to be made before approving the finances.
Stage A House Today And Sell It Quicker!
Staging the home is an important part of the selling process. Whether you decide to DIY or hire a professional, taking the time to stage your home can help it sell faster and for a higher price.
Remember to focus on decluttering, cleaning, and enhancing your home’s best features to create a warm and inviting environment for potential buyers.
With the right approach, you can make your home stand out from the crowd and achieve a quick and successful sale.
Recent Educational Blogs
Welcome To Our Mortgage Educational Blog About:Should You Prepay Your Mortgage? - Pros And ConsReady to embark on the exciting journey of becoming a homeowner in Canada?Before you start scrolling through home listings and attending open houses, there's an essential...
Welcome To Our Mortgage Educational Blog About:Should You Prepay Your Mortgage? - Pros And ConsWhen you're ready to embark on the journey of homeownership, you might find that your credit history, income, or other factors aren't as robust as you'd like them to be....
Welcome To Our Mortgage Educational Blog About:Can I Use My RRSP For A Downpayment?If you're a Canadian aiming to make the jump from renting to owning your own property, you might wonder, "Can I use my RRSP for a downpayment?" The answer is yes, thanks to the Home...